feel good tuesday - work life balance haha
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 9:37 PM
impulse led me to go for a run today :) woohoo ran for almost an hour and i ended up at my favourite park :) And to those of you who insisted I bring some form of id or ezlink, thinking that I will die half way. well I did, which only made me really die the next day because I forgot to put the blardy ezlink back into my wallet, and I didn’t even use it after the run-_- and had to pay cash for the trip to work. tsk)
its amazing how some things u just won't forget. they changed the chains of the swing but the place is still nice and quiet. It’s a pity, there are so many more high rise around though. Never knew listening to slow songs might work too, I mean on running. Went for brown bag today during lunch, and Stephen Covey was talking about how our sense of self starts to be defined by others, due to work and many other obligations in life. It is sad just thinking about that, probably it was the run, I started reflecting on what have I been doing lately, perhaps I was too caught up with what you want me to do and not something I really want to do. And the outcome – complete disaster. also I must keep reminding myself – I shall not pretend to know. Well as for what I was thinking in the park, lets just keep it as that :)
new developments at work. i'm starting to manage my own SEA subs. ooo got so nervous today when my senior was like instead of asking me why not u go ask them directly. but they are nice :) at least for now.
i am in love with Brida. its been a very long time since i have been touched by someone's words. as his books before Brida were okie, like the witch of portobello, not exactly fantastic. of course paolo always have this way of putting things into perspective and then conveyed clearly but subtly through his writing. Briday came out in 08. and then there is another one which he wrote this year - waiting for the reprint. if i would have to write the parts that i like down it will be from almost every other chapter. as for now.. i shall not quote :) if u guys want the book, i'll lend it to you when i'm done.